Let me put it in a way that will resonate with many of my friends: are you sick of the two-faced lies coming out of Washington these days? Facebook does the exact same thing to you, i.e., lying.
Here are a few examples I turned up in literally 1 minute of searching. Note that almost all of them are from the last few months – and this behavior has been going on for over ten years.
- WhatsApp Founder Quit Facebook
- Instagram Founders Quit Facebook
- You gave your number to Facebook for security, and they used it for ads
- How Facebook is tracking you
- Facebook wants to control your emotions?!? WTF!
- Zuckerberg is lying, incompetent, or inept. (Hint: He’s lying)
- He’s lying again
- I’m an ex-Facebook exec: don’t believe what they tell you about ads
- Facebook admits it poses mental health risk – but says using site more can help Yeah, the same thing goes for cigarettes – they’re bad for you, but if you smoke more, it can help. *facepalm*
- What are shadow profiles? (AKA, how Facebook knows things about you that you didn’t even tell it.)
- The key moments from Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony to Congress Lots of nice, blatant lies here.
- #DeleteFacebook on Twitter.
- How to Deactivate a Facebook Account
- How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger (do the previous step first)
- 15 Months of Fresh Hell Inside Facebook
- Facebook Demands Email Passwords Then Quietly Uploads Contact Lists But Once Again We Don’t Care
- Why You Should Switch to Signal or Telegram from Whatsapp Today
Seriously, if you care at all about integrity or privacy, do your own Google (or Duckduckgo.com) search for “facebook lies,” “zuckerberg lies,” or “facebook is bad for you” and see for yourself. I’m not talking about crazy conspiracy theories here – these are plain as day lies that are out in the open for anyone who cares to set aside the dopamine hit they get from all the Facebook and Instagram “likes” from their online friends.
You could say it all comes down to the fact that I just do not appreciate being lied to constantly.